Monday 15 April 2013

Google Disavow Link Threats?

It is no surprise to many that more and more SEOs are using the Google link disavow tool. The issue that comes up as time goes on is that there are some using it as a threat to remove or change the links or anchor text pointing to their site.
 Fear Emoiticon
I am sure some of you have received it. SEOs or other webmasters may email you saying, hey - you are linking to me on this or that page using this link and this anchor text. You have a couple options, either remove the link or change the anchor text to X. If you do not do it within Y days, we will use the Google disavow link tool.
They may add onto that email that using the tool can make your site look bad in Google's eyes. Yada yada.

If you believe Google, Google said the disavow tool won't damage the sites in the list. It simply will just ignore the URLs, as if they are nofollowed. Now, of course, that can change. Aaron Wall thinks himself it will change and Google can use two data points (1) sites frequently disavowed and (2) sites with links frequently removed. Future thought but right now, nope.

That being said, this is causing a big problem in the industry - despite SEOs asking for it.

12 comments:

PRAVEEN KUMAR said...

Actually the E-mail spam regarding removals got so bad that I had to setup a spam filter to discard all the junk. I was even getting removal requests on a personal domain that has no outbound links at all. How absurd is that? Google can do whatever it wants to sites that don't honor removal requests and are instead disavowed. As far as I'm concerned, most of the requests are generated by bots trying to dissolve their competitor's backlink profiles. Anyway, I don't have billions in the bank like Google has to devote what little time I have responding to each and every request. Such requests do not scale - Google should be quite aware of that.

Unknown said...

Hi All. I am looking for performers from all over the world for my website. All you need is a computer, webcam, and have some free time. Make some extra money. There is also a none-nude category. If you interested Send me a message at webchatx.net.
internet marketing blog

crazyseo20 said...

Nice post and keep sharing to it. Thanks

seo services in australia

Web design company said...

Link building is very much important strategy for SEO technique which provides backlinks to the websites from other websites.best website design bangalore

Unknown said...

interesting work. I looked in more ways and I think that it is necessary for more details on this topic,

SEO

navya said...

Hi there, awesome site. I thought the topics you posted on were very interesting.
seo in dubai

crazyseo20 said...

Wonderful, I appreciate your post. Tips seems more informative to beginners who wants to help in gaining good ranking to their website. I always consider content is the main factor to increase ranking in Google. I hope my advice is helpful. our seo services in australia
are always happy to help you..

Unknown said...

Great article to keep on top of on page seo.

Link Building

Rajesh said...

Thanks for sharing the thoughts. I think pure content is very good for website. If it has original and lots of content, half the work is done. Backlink submissions such as bookmarking, dir submissions also plays a big role. SornaValli Tech

Unknown said...

I am happy to see that you received some value from my article!
Relevant Backlinks

Arun Singh said...

i really tired few times and i was not able to use this tool, but now i hope after read your post i will be able to this tool for my websites.

Internet Marketing Company

Ancy merina said...
This comment has been removed by the author.

Post a Comment